Fred has been climbing and bouldering for 20 years. He is fascinated with discovering new playgrounds everywhere in the world.
Personal Goals for the year: South Africa 2004, many projects in the Rocklands and a hard route this fall/winter in Switzerland at Billitscher.
Some of the milestones...
- Black Eagle 8c/V15 sitdown in South Africa 2003
- Massif attack V13 flash 2003 Switzerland
- Le poinçonneur des lilas 8c/V15 Switzerland
- Dipende 8c/V15 2004 in Switzerland
- Madiba 8b+/V14 2003 in South Africa
- Dreamtime V15 2000 in Switzerland (the boulder was chipped by some crazy guy in the meantime...) but it was still the first boulder rated that hard in the world!
- Eve Rêve V14 2000 in Australia
- Slashface V14 1997 in Hueco Tanks
- La danse des balrogs 8b bolder 1992 in Switzerland
- Radja 8b+ boulder (the first boulder rated that hard in the world) in Switzerland
- Bain de sang 9a in 1993 in Switzerland
- Le toit d'Auguste 8b+ (5.14) in 1997 (it was the first repeat of this mythical route from the unforgettable Patrick Berhault who died recently) in France
Just in May during a trip to California he managed to repeat all the hardest boulders everywhere he went and right now he is still in the Rocklands/South Africa. The hardest one two weeks ago was "Golden Shadow" an 8b+ boulder in the Rocklands and he repeated a boulder from Jerry Moffat rated 8b at the Top Side in Cape Town... But he stopped competing I think 1996! He is also invited in Japan this october and in november in Spain for some slide shows.
Just for you to know: he loves the Gamma MX Jacket and he wears it all the time - since it's winter in South Africa he is also using the Fission SV and of course the backpacks, harness, etc...