Residing in Squamish, B.C., Thomasina Pidgeon has been pushing the limits of female bouldering around the globe. Since 2001, she has been following her endless passion for climbing that has brought her to places like Australia, Europe, UK, and all over the USA and Canada.
Thomasina is drawn to the intricacies of climbing as it is simultaneously complex and extremely basic. The physical and mental demands it presents plus the places, people -- and community that she is entwined in -- keeps Thomasina motivated and allows her to explore and push her physical and mental boundaries.
She also strives to maintain a healthy balance between parenting and climbing; these dual passions have presented both rewards and challenges that constantly remind Thomasina of what climbing means to her. With a determined drive for personal improvement and growth, Thomasina intends to travel to Europe and to the United States to continue pushing her limits on all types of rock. More importantly, she wants to grow her awareness of the precious life around her and to have fun, by living it to the full potential that we all have.
- One of few females in the world to have climbed multiple V12's
- First Canadian woman to boulder V10, V11 and V12
- To date Thomasina has climbed over 12 V11's and over 35 v10's
- Recognized as Canada's strongest female boulder for the last 9 years
- 1st place in various indoor and outdoor climbing competitions on the national and international level
- In one day Thomasina has completed 1 V11 and 1 V10, both new problems for her
- Over 35 first female ascents (FFA) of problems V9 and above in Canada and abroad
- Competent on routes as well, Thomasina has climbed sport routes in the 5.13's and difficult trad routes